On Saturday, May 3rd, Intero Saratoga hosted the 4th Annual Hot Wheels for Kids Car Show Benefitting the Intero Foundation. It was another gorgeous Saturday morning in Saratoga, with about 90 awesome classics, customs, muscle cars, hot rods and motorcycles lined up around the parking lot, along with delicious food from The Ultimate BBQ and live music from The Closers, Intero Los Gatos’s own! Dwight Clark joined in the fun again this year, chatting and taking pictures. The lucky winner of Dwight’s autographed football was longtime 49ers fan Karen Ardizzone (and from what we understand, she is still smiling about it). There was even face painting and a jumpy house for all of the younger spectators. Everyone was all smiles.
Trophies went to some of the most outstanding cars of the show:
- First Place Pre-1975: Elaine & Mark Burns with their 1950 Chevy Pick-up
- First Place Post-1975: Boss 302 Laguna Seca Track Car driven by Jon Wyatt
- “South of the Border” Award: 1965 Lincoln Continental Convertible owned by Tom Jevens
- Cool Cruiser: 1940 Cadillac LaSalle, aptly named LowSalle, owned by Brian Nieri
- Best Rod: John Kost’s mind-blowingly loud 1963 Ford Falcon Dragster
- People’s Choice: Saratoga Fire District 1923 Model A Fire Engine brought by Susan Long
The coolest part of the whole day…. and the reason we come together every year for this event….was that the Hot Wheels for Kids Car Show raised over $11,000 for children in need right here in the Bay Area. We could not have done it without the support of all of the car owners, sponsors, Intero volunteers and car show enthusiasts from the community!